"... the Tower of London and an unnamed mainline station in London are on a list of targets spilled to US spy chiefs by a terrorist who broke under interrogation. German national Ahmed Sidiqi, 36 – a fanatic trained by al-Qaeda – also named the Eiffel Tower in Paris and the 5-star Hotel Adlon at Berlin’s Brandenberg Gate as it emerged that terror cells are plotting a series of Mumbai-style massacres in the UK, France and Germany. The list of targets he gave them also included Notre Dame cathedral in Paris, Berlin’s new Central Station and the landmark Alexanderplatz TV Tower in the city. http://gatewaypundit.firstthings.com/2010/10/us-terror-travel-alert-includes-all-of-europe-prince-harry-on-hit-list/#comments
Attack on Mumbai Facts:
An estimated total of 25 terrorists had struck 10 different locations across Mumbai Wednesday night, taking hostages that included top CEOs, tourists and businesspeople. Journalists in India referred to the attack as "Mumbai's 9/11." Three terrorists, including one from Faridkot, Pakistan were captured, alive, at the nearby Taj Mahal Hotel.
Deccan Mujahideen Takes Responsibility
A previously unknown Muslim terrorist group linked to the international Al Qaeda terrorist organization, calling itself the Deccan Mujahedin, claimed responsibility for the massive multi-site terror attack carried out late Wednesday night in the city formerly known as Bombay. Mumbai is home to some 15 million people and is India's largest city.
The terrorists struck two luxury hotels frequented by Americans and British nationals, the Taj Mahal Hotel and the Oberoi Trident Hotel as well as the city's largest train station, the Metro Theater and the Cama Hospital with automatic weapons and grenades. Intelligence sources said the level of sophisticated training and weapons employed by the terrorists made it clear that they were not local criminals. The terrorists were armed with AK-47 assault rifles and grenades.
Movie theaters, entertainment centers and multiplexes were ordered to remain shut due to fears that terrorists were still at large and roaming the city. Schools were closed as well, and it was not clear whether the stock market would be open on Friday.
NDTV reported that Indian security officials believe the terrorists infiltrated into the city by sea. There is little regulation in the Bombay Harbor, noted the journalist in his report. Nariman House is located in the southern part of the city, along the water.
The sophisticated terrorist attacks, the worst ever in Mumbai and India, came as Mumbai approaches its elections.
- Terrorist attacks are sadly becoming all too common place in Pakistan and cinemas are collateral victims too. From Daily Times, “There were two cinemas in the city [Lahore] that suffered from terror attacks. The FIA blast completely destroyed the Regal Cinema, located a few yards away from the office. The cinema has stopped screening movies since the FIA blast on March 11, 2008. The May 27 attack on the Rescue 15 building has left the Plaza Cinema in a state of despair. The roof was badly damaged and expensive equipment was destroyed due to the blast while the doors and widows were also shattered.” http://celluloidjunkie.com/2009/06/11/cinema-news-roundup-10-june-2009-lies-damn-lies-and-cinedigm-first-ever-claims/
Numbers identify the individual strikes chronologically in the list below (fatalities in parentheses). Magenta identifies strikes by Islamic terrorists, red identifies all other strikes (note: association of individual strikes with Islamic terrorism is not authoritative). (A single "strike" often includes coordinated attacks at multiple locations on the same day.)
The 9/11 attacks are number 34; numbers 35-66 are post-9/11 strikes. The deadliest strikes were numbers 34, 58, 5, 44, 10, and 20. Strikes in Iraq since the U.S. invasion in 2003 are numbers 37-38, 41, 43, 45-47, 50-55, 57-58, 62-63, and 65-66.
- 13 Dec 1921: bombing of Bolgard palace in Bessarabia (modern Moldova) (100)
- 16 Apr 1925: bombing of cathedral in Sophia, Bulgaria (160)
- 18 May 1973: mid-air bombing of Aeroflot airliner, Siberia (100)
- 4 Dec 1977: crash of hijacked Malaysian airliner near Malaysia (100)
- 20 Aug 1978: arson of theater in Abadan, Iran (477)
- 20 Nov-5 Dec 1979: hostage taking at Grand Mosque in Mecca, Saudi Arabia (includes 87 terrorists killed) (240)
- 23 Sep 1983: crash of Gulf Air flight following mid-air bombing over the UAE (112)
- 23 Oct 1983: truck bombings of U.S. Marine and French barracks, Beirut, Lebanon (301)
- 14 May 1985: armed attack on crowds in Anuradhapura, Sri Lanka (150)
- 23 Jun 1985: mid-air bombing of Air India flight off Ireland, and attempted bombing of second flight in Canada (331)
- 18 Apr 1987: roadway ambush near Alut Oya, Sri Lanka (127)
- 21 Apr 1987: bombing of bus depot in Columbo, Sri Lanka (106)
- 29 Nov 1987: mid-air bombing of Korean Air flight near Burma (115)
- 21 Dec 1988: mid-air bombing of Pan Am flight over Lockerbie, Scotland (270)
- 19 Sep 1989: mid-air bombing of French UTA flight near Bilma, Niger (171)
- 27 Nov 1989: mid-air bombing of Avianca flight in Bogota, Columbia (110)
- 3 Aug 1990: armed attack at two mosques in Kathankudy, Sri Lanka (140)
- 13 Aug 1990: armed attack at mosque in Eravur, Sri Lanka (122)
- 2 Oct 1990: crash of hijacked PRC airliner in Guangzhou, PRC (132)
- 12 Mar 1993: 15 bombings in Bombay, India (317)
- 22 Sep 1993: crash of airliner struck by missile in Sukhumi, Georgia (106)
- 19 Apr 1995: truck bombing of federal building, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA (169)
- 14-19 June 1996: hostage taking in Budennovsk, Russia, and two failed rescue attempts (143)
- 23 Nov 1996: crash of hijacked Ethiopian Air flight off Comoros (127)
- 29 Aug 1997: attacks at Sidi Moussa and Hais Rais, Algeria (238)
- 22 Sep 1997: attack at Ben Talha, Algeria (277)
- 30 Dec 1997: attack at Ami Moussa, Algeria (272)
- 4 Jan 1998: attacks at Had Chekala, Remka, and Ain Tarik, Algeria (172)
- 11 Jan 1998: attack on movie theater and mosque at Sidi Hamed, Algeria (103)
- 8 Aug 1998: truck bombings of U.S. embassies in Nairobi, Kenya, and Dar es Saalam, Tanzania (303)
- 13 Sep 1999: bombing of apartment building in Moscow, Russia (130)
- 31 Oct 1999: intentional crash of Egypt Air flight off Massachusetts, USA, by pilot (217)
- 10 Aug 2001: attack on train south of Luanda, Angola (152)
- 11 Sep 2001: crashing of hijacked planes into World Trade Center, New York City, New York, Pentagon in Alexandria, Virginia, and site in Pennsylvania, USA (2,993)
- 12 Oct 2002: car bombing outside nightclub in Kuta, Indonesia (202)
- 26 Oct 2002: hostage taking and attempted rescue in theater in Moscow, Russia (includes 41 terrorists killed) (170)
- 29 Aug 2003: car bombing outside mosque in Najaf, Iraq (125)
- 1 Feb 2004: two suicide bombings of political party offices in Irbil, Iraq (109)
- 21 Feb 2004: armed attack and arson at refugee camp, Uganda (239)
- 27 Feb 2004: bombing and fire on ferry near Manila, Philippines (118)
- 2 Mar 2004: multiple suicide bombings at shrines in Kadhimiya and Karbala, Iraq (188)
- 11 Mar 2004: bombings of four trains in Madrid, Spain (191)
- 24 Jun 2004: multiple bombings and armed attacks in several cities in Iraq (103)
- 1-3 Sep 2004: hostage taking at school in Beslan, Russia (includes 30 terrorists killed) (366)
- 28 Feb 2005: car bombing outside medical clinic in Hilla, Iraq (135)
- 14 Sep 2005: multiple suicide bombings and shooting attacks in Baghdad, Iraq (182)
- 5 Jan 2006: bombings in Karbala, Ramadi, and Baghdad, Iraq (124)
- 11 Jul 2006: multiple bombings on commuter trains in Mumbai, India (200)
- 16 Oct 2006: truck bombing of military convoy near Habarana, Sri Lanka (103)
- 23 Nov 2006: multiple car bombings in Baghdad, Iraq (202)
- 22 Jan 2007: multiple bombings in Baghdad area, Iraq (101)
- 3 Feb 2007: truck bombing in market place in Baghdad, Iraq (137)
- 6 Mar 2007: two bombings and other attacks on pilgrims, Hilla, Iraq (137)
- 27 Mar 2007: two truck bombings in Tal Afar, Iraq (152)
- 18 Apr 2007: bombings in Baghdad, Iraq (193)
- 3-10 Jul 2007: hostage taking and subsequent storming of mosque in Islamabad, Pakistan (102)
- 7 Jul 2007: bombings in Baghdad and Armili, Iraq (182)
- 14 Aug 2007: multiple truck bombings in Al-Qataniyah and Al-Adnaniyah, Iraq (520)
- 18 Oct 2007: bombing of motorcade in Karachi, Pakistan (137)
- 17 Feb 2008: bombing at dogfighting festival in Kandahar, Afghanistan (105)
- 26-29 Nov 2008: multiple gun and grenade attacks and hostage takings in Mumbai, India (174)
- 19 Aug 2009: multiple bombings at government sites in Baghdad, Iraq (102)
- 25 Oct 2009: two vehicle bombings at government buildings in Baghdad, Iraq (155)
- 28 Oct 2009: bombing at marketplace in Pakistan (118)
- 8 Dec 2009: five car bombings in Baghdad, Iraq (127)
- 10 May 2010: multiple bombings in Hilla, Basra, al-Suwayra, and other cities, Iraq (102)
MUMBAI TERROR ATTACKS 2008 http://askmeany.com/2009/01/15/
Mumbai is the largest city and the financial Capital of India. It has been into several terrorists attacks, bomb blasts since 1993. Mumbai is the capital of all entertainment bet it movie,clubs etc. Mumbai is worlds fifth most popular Metropolitan area. But last November 2008 was always been a nightmare for Mumbai and all Indians. The serenity beauty of Mumbai was lost in this month. A dark shadow of terrorism was seen in that month. Mumbai faced huge terrorists attacks that days. This attacks continued on for four days. All nations and other countries are shocked by this terrorists attacks on Mumbai. It is considered to be one of the biggest terrorist attacks in Indian history. The terrorist group is Pakistan-based terrorist group and this group contained ten terrorists. All of them were very well equipped with automatic weapons and grenades. They are well trained also.
HOW THESE TERRORISTS CAME ?
They took sea route to get into Mumbai from Karachi Pakistan, across the Arabian Sea to Mumbai. They took speed boats that were on board trawlers. They started from Pakistan and reached at Porbander, Gujarat. They got weapons and they hi-jacked a boat from there killing that fishermen. When they reached the Gateway Harbor, they divided into two and followed according to their majors plan. They were told not to speak within their groups. Their aim is to attack city’s three luxury hotels,railway station,hospital,a movie theater and other buildings in Mumbai. For that they separated from the harbor pointing to their assigned attack place.They came by inflated boats.
All the attacks were very unfamiliar for all the Indians. They haven’t experienced this kind of black terrorism before. Eight attacks occurred in Mumbai. The attackers first operation was in Taj and Oberoi Trident hotels which are India’s pride and very famous hotels in India. At the time of attack, Taj hotel contains almost 450 people and most of the people are foreigners. Many people lost their life miserably in Taj hotel and many are injured. Several damages are occurred in this luxurious hotel due to this attack. The terrorists next attack was in Oberoi Trident, attacks at CST railway station, and a bomb blast in vile parley area. Several location were previously planned by terrorist and they had practiced it before. So they were in ease to point this locations. They were said just to fire crowded places and kill maximum number of people and if possible spare Muslims. Attacks also occurred in Cama Hospital, Nariman House and Colaba area. Many people including India’s high-profile chief of the anti-terror squad Hemant Karkare,celebrated encounter specialist Vijay Salaskar, Mumbai’s additional commissioner of police Ashok Kamte, Major Sandeep Unnikrishnan were killed during this brutal attacks. Almost 173 people were killed and 308 were hospitalized in this attacks. Mumbai police and India’s National Security Guards are strongly fight against attackers. After four days of gunfire and explosions,Indian forces had killed nine of the attackers. Ajmal Amir Kasab was only the member of the team of attackers captured alive. Now he is in the custody of the Mumbai police.The security forces also saved 250 people in Oberoi, 300 in Taj and 12 families of 60 people in Nariman House from this attacks. One of the India’s beauty Taj hotel were 80% damaged and many rooms were fired. Indians haven’t risen up after this sadist attack. Later Mumbai police identified that ten attackers were from Pakistan and they work for Lashkar-e-Toiba, the terrorist organization of Pakistan.
NAME AND DETAILS OF TERRORISTS
Mumbai attackers are members of Lashkar-e-Toiba, the terrorist organization of Pakistan. When Mumbai police identified that they are from Pakistan, the government of Pakistan opposed that matter. But on January 9, the Pakistan’s Information Minister Sherry Rehman officially accepted this truth that they are from Pakistan. This attackers group contains ten terrorists. Ajmal Amir from Faridkot, Abu Ismail Dera Ismail Khan from Dera Ismail Khan, Hafiz Arshad and Babr Imran from Multan, Javed from Okara, Shoaib from Narowal, Nazih and Nasr from Faisalabad, Abdul Rahman from Arifwalla, and Fahad Ullah from Dipalpur Taluka and Dera Ismail Khan from North-West Frontier Province are attackers. Among these terrorist Ajmal Amir is the only terrorist captured alive and he is in the custody of the Mumbai Police. He turned to be one of the main evidence for this attacks and he revealed many wrapped faces behind this attack. He belongs to a very poor family in Pakistan. He was uneducated and he used to fight with his father. After that he left his home in his younger age. Lashkars recruitment was going on full fledged that time in his area. He turned to be a part in that. The slogan for their organization was “Go for Jihad and be in heaven”. Ajmal was brain washed by the chief. After that he joined in Lashkar-e-Toiba. 25 years old Abu Ismail Dera Ismail Khan is the leader of the ten terrorist. He was killed after commandeering a car. He killed Hemant Karkare, Ashok Kamte, and Vijay Salaskar in the attacks. Ajmal Amir and Dera Ismail Khan attacked Chatrapati Shivaji Terminus railway station. These are the ten terrorists responsible for making Indians heaven into hell for some days. http://askmeany.com/2009/01/15/